- Category: Configuration
- Published: Saturday, 02 March 2013 04:05
- Written by Jad El-Zein
- Hits: 3666
Create a vCloud Reservation
vCAC 5.1 added support for provisioning machines into vCloud Director Org vDC’s. A reservation must be created for each vDC discovered after completing the Endpoint configuration.
|3. From the “Compute Resource” dropdown, select the appropriate vCloud Org vDC
4. The reservation Name will automatically be created, but you can change/edit it if needed
5. Select a Provisioning Group that will provision machines to the selected set of resources (be sure the group has appropriate access to the Org)
6. Optional : apply a pre-defined Reservation Policy
7. Optional: set a machine quota or leave blank for unlimited
8. Set a resource Priority of “1” for this reservation
9. Ensure the reservation is Enabled
10. Select the “Resources” tab to continue configuration
vCloud Resources are based on vCloud Director’s vDC Allocation Pool for the Org.
11. Memory: configure memory (in GB) to be used in this Reservation
|15. Move each slider to the desired threshold for each item
16. Enter one or more email addresses that will receive the alerts
17. Determine whether or not the assigned provisioning group manager gets alerted
18. Set the desired alert frequency
19. Click OK to accept the Reservation
Next Steps: Perform these steps for each Reservation (i.e. additional vSphere or vCloud VDC resources).